Due to growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an Energy Management Consultant to join our team of energy specialists.
If you are the type of person who can walk into a plantroom, know the difference between a boiler, chiller and AHU, can interrogate a BMS and can spot inefficiencies then we want to hear from you.
When not on-site, you will be based from home, with the option to work from our Basingstoke office. You will be expected to have a good command of written English and will prepare formal reports which could range from detailed assessments of energy savings projects, ESOS reports or energy management strategy documents.
You will need to be self motivated, organised and be able to work to deadlines.
You will be expected to have a good knowledge of how energy is used in a wide range of industrial processes (clean rooms, injection moulding, industrial automation), as well as the more typical building services loads (heating, lighting, ventilation).
You will be expected to participate in the growth of the business by taking responsibility for account management and through the undertaking of business development activities.
This role will require travel to client sites which could be anywhere in the UK and may require travel at short notice, although we would typically try to keep this to no more than 2 days in any week.
- Undertaking site energy audits (including building services plant, industrial equipment and building fabric)
- Prepare audit reports in accordance with BS EN16247
- Assess likely energy savings using a variety of modelling techniques
- Undertake NPV and MACC calculations
- Delivery of energy related statutory compliance reports, including ESOS and SECR
- Supporting clients with ISO14001 and ISO50001
Skills, knowledge and expertise:
- You will be proficient in data analysis and the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- You will have a good practical knowledge of mechanical and electrical building services
- You will have a general understanding of industrial and manufacturing processes
- Must be able to work to deadlines and budgets
- Ability to work independently, but act as a team member
- Numerate with a methodical mindset
- You must have a desire to learn
- You must be able to follow operating procedures
Essential minimum qualifications:
- Batchelor’s Degree in Engineering or a Mathematical science (Building Services or Energy Engineering preferable)
OR knowledge and experience of Building Services (probably as a maintenance technician)
OR sector experience (e.g. you have a proven track record)
- ESOS Lead Assessor accreditation, or able to prove sufficient experience to achieve LA status
- Current UK driving license and access to a vehicle (Essential due to travel)
Chartered status of a relevant professional body (Energy Institute, CIBSE).
What we offer:
- Salary commensurate to experience (in range £40-50k)
- 25 days annual leave
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Death in service benefit
- Flexi-time working arrangements
- Training and career development
We are open to applicants who wish to work on a flexible, part time or zero-hours contract basis.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Energy Management Consultant”.