We are looking for an experienced and technically minded consultant to join our growing team in providing high quality energy management and decarbonisation advisory services.
Our Consultancy department works in three teams, which are responsible for the delivery of Decarbonisation, Compliance and Energy Management services. All three teams are seeing increasing demand with particular growth in Building Decarbonisation Studies, ESOS and Contract Energy Management support.
We are looking for a consultant with several years’ experience of delivering in one or more of these key areas. The successful candidate will sit within the Energy Management team but will support work across all three consultancy teams, including delivery of ESOS audits and decarbonisation studies.
The role will be primarily home-based with occasional attendance at our office in Basingstoke and will involve regular travel to client sites for surveys and meetings, which could be anywhere in the UK.
More about the role
You will assist our existing clients in managing and reducing their energy consumption by developing a detailed understanding of their buildings and processes to highlight where energy is used. You will have a good understanding of building services, Building Management Systems and energy management principles.
You will use these skills to undertake Energy Audits and site surveys to identify efficiency improvements and feasible decarbonisation options, and present these to clients. You will be expected to write reports, chair meetings and present on a regular basis. You will normally be involved in multiple projects at once.
You will also support regular energy reporting activities, development of corporate energy and carbon reduction strategies and ad hoc queries for our energy management clients. You may also be asked to support business development activities, such as preparation of quotations and active business development.
It should be noted that Concept works as an independent consultancy and does not have ties to any manufacturers or installers. With the exception of sub-metering system installations for specific key clients, we do not undertake project delivery.
- Undertaking energy audits in a range of commercial and industrial buildings;
- Identification of practical energy and carbon reduction measures;
- Supporting corporate level energy and carbon reduction planning; and
- Supporting account management activities for key clients.
The following skills and experience are considered essential to the role:
- Strong report writing and communication;
- Client engagement and management;
- Highly organised with a proven ability to set and work to deadlines and budgets;
- Solid building services knowledge with several years’ experience of conducting unaccompanied site visits and energy audits, including to EN16247 standard;
- A proven record of delivering projects to a high standard with minimal input from others;
- Proficiency in data analysis and the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint); and
- Experience in delivering at least one of the following: Building Decarbonisation Studies, ESOS compliance, or Contract Energy Management.
Minimum qualifications for the candidate are:
- Batchelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering or a Mathematical science, (Building Services or Energy Engineering preferable);
- Membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. CIBSE); and
- Current UK driving license.
The following additional experience and qualifications are also considered advantageous:
- Industrial process energy efficiency and process mapping;
- Development of corporate level carbon and energy strategies;
- ESOS lead assessor qualification;
- Producing SECR reports and reporting methodologies;
- Experience of Microsoft PowerBI;
- Experience of site energy metering systems;
- Knowledge of GHG protocol and carbon reporting scopes;
- Practical knowledge and experience of on-site renewable energy and low carbon heating technologies;
- Use of Energy Modelling software such as RETScreen and IES VE
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis and Marginal Abatement Cost Curves;
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 and ISO 50001.
What we offer
- Exposure to large clients and estates, with varied and interesting workstreams;
- A high standard of delivery with strong quality assurance processes, ensuring consultants benefit from continuous improvement and technical support led by senior colleagues;
- A friendly team with regular virtual meetings and the option to work from central office in Basingstoke;
- Regular training and development tailored to individual professional development plans and team requirements;
- Paid professional subscriptions;
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with length of service;
- Flexible working hours; and
- Group life assurance
The Salary for this role will be commensurate to experience, but is anticipated to be in the region of £40,000 to £45,000 p.a.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Energy Consultant/Senior Energy Consultant role”.